Ahhh….summer…….time to relax and enjoy ! That is when you are not at work, taking the dog for a walk, grocery shopping , doing laundry, feeding the children, bathing the children, getting the family picnic ready, cleaning up after the picnic, picking up dry cleaning, teaching your child a sport or activity, swimming, cycling, chasing the cat back into the house , eating or cooking. After all this, time to relax! PHEW. We may not realize it , but all of this involves the extreme use of our necks! Did you know that that the neck supports 1/7th of total body weight or about 10-15 lbs and is the most freely moving part of the spine? What does this have to do with anything ? I will tell you…..given all the stress that the neck has to endure it is very susceptible to showing signs of aging! Sagging skin, turkey neck crepey skin – these are all caused by time, pull of gravity, weight change day – to – day life and sun exposure.
Aging will is certain to occur naturally, even if we just “be”, however we can take steps to help make sure we age with grace.
- Sunscreen is important all year, especially during the warmer months. The skin on the neck and chest is thin, so sun damage is easier to come by and yet harder to repair. Protect the sensitive neck & décolleté areas to help ward off further UV damage.
- THINK ABOUT YOUR WARDROBE
- Think about what feels best against your skin! Scratchy wool can cause irritation to the delicate neck & décolleté areas. In the summer, cover up as much as you can. If you want to flaunt it, do so with at minimum a sheer layer.
- Look for creams that will help boost hydration , help address uneven skin tone and that are boasting with collagen complex peptides. These peptides will help support new collagen leaving you with firmer-looking skin.
- Follow these simple steps and your neck will thank you for it later!
Thank you guest blogger Patricia………..skin care expert!!